Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"The greatest gift I ever had, came from God. I call him dad!"

When I said "I Do"
I was in love...
But I never knew how much more
In love I would be
When I discovered the loving
Father in you....
Happy Father's Day

This is really so true. I really didn't think I could love Ryan more than I did when I married him, but now I see how he is with Chaz. And I do, I love him more now than I could ever imagine. I remember the moment he saw Chaz. I will never forget that moment. I think he was honestly scared to death but I got to watch him fall in love with our little bit. A moment forever burned in my memory. I can't wait to see how this love grows when Dane arrives.
Yes, this is quite possibly the cutest set of shirts EVER made. Matching daddy and son shirts for Father's day. Chaz's school began making these about a month ago. Twenty something children times two shirts equals A LOT of work. Bless his sweet teachers. I absolutely love these shirts. Chaz was so excited to give his daddy the shirt on Fathers Day morning. AND was so excited to say "I have one too!!!" Who wouldn't want to be just like this daddy?? He is one of the best ones I know!!
Then it was Papa's turn. Chaz insisted on carrying the presents all by himself. They were not light so we were a little worried until we saw him come around the corner. Good job, buddy!
I adore my dad.. aka Popsicle. He is one of the most caring and supportive men I have even known. I love him so very much!

A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. ~Author Unknown

I think Chaz (and Kyle--the dog) adore my dad as much as I do. It is kinda an easy thing to do. he is pretty spectacular.
I love this set of pictures. Chaz just HAD to help open the presents, of course he did. But what I would like you to notice are the terrible blisters on my dad's knees. He got these from working on the roof a few days earlier......and ironically he received knee pads as a father's day present. Awesomeness.

and of course the three year old has to try them out. Why not?!?!
The other half of the present was a cordless hedge trimmer. Yes, we let Chaz play with it BUT it had the cover over the blade and it wasn't charged.. See, no judging necessary.
I am blessed with some of the greatest father figures around. My dad is phenomenal and amazingly supportive. My husband is doing a great job of being a fantastic dad. I can only imagine what he will be over the next 30 years. My Father-in-law is an amazing man. Although we tease him sometimes, he is a great teacher and always there in a pinch. I also have some great brother-in-laws, uncles, cousins and friends. All fantastic men who are a wonderful example to their children as well as mine. Thank you guys for being simply wonderful!!

"The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." - Tim Russert

No comments:

Post a Comment