I came into this world many moons ago in west Texas. I heart this picture as my brother and cousin were forced to wear goofy Michael Jackson masks. You know those kids and their germs. And to think, my mom made fun of me for the amount of hand sanitizer I made people use when Chaz was born. Sure, I'm the crazy one!
When I look back at pictures I can't really tell if I had the biggest head ever made OR if it was just weird photography of the 70s. I'm gonna go with the latter.
I think this picture is hilarious for multiple reasons. 1) I am obviously doing something I shouldn't be doing 2) My parents now have this little chair at their house and my son does the same thing 3) are those tube socks or curtains? 4) the carpet, enough said.
This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. I was in Kindergarten and somehow my mom got me to wear this adorable frilly high-necked shirt and this cute purple corduroy dress. Good job, Mom! I was the kid that had the croup EVERY.YEAR! The majority of my birthday's were spent like this. Sick. Many times my mom would have to have the balloon order rerouted from the school to home. I spent my days on the couch (hence the awesome hair) in my sweats.
My parents were often gone on my birthday. This wonderful thing called "Year Beginning Meeting" at Walmart ALWAYS fell on my birthday. Although, I still give my parents grief for this (because that is what kids do, right?) I really made out better than most kids. I got a family party before they left, another on my birthday, another when they returned AND a GIANT invite-every-person-you-know-sleep-over-drive-your-parents-and-brother-nuts-party when they got back. Seriously, 20-25 girls sleeping over at my parents house. Thanks, Mom and Dad! This happened for about 5 years in a row (the numbers slimmed a little because of all the teenage bickering.) Can you say milking the fact that may parents were gone on my birthday? Yep, I was that kid. My friends looked forward to this party every year. It was THE party!
My 16th birthday! Love the fact that my Papa and his Keystone are in this picture. (I miss him) I also LOVE the wallpaper in the background. Nice.
My birthdays are more tame these days.. This was my big 3-0.Yes, we are at Chuck E Cheese for my 30th. For many, many years I said we would go to Vegas for my 30th. But I was blessed with this little bundle of joy the September before my birthday and I just couldn't take off to Vegas. Maybe one day.
I kinda like my birthday's now. I mean who wouldn't love blowing out candles with this little guy?I love these guys! Ryan and I have been together for 13 years so he has made many, many birthdays wonderful for me. And that little guy? Yeah, he has made the last 3 FANTASTIC!!So you know a little more about me but here is the list.. the random list of things about me.
- I have lived in Northwest Arkansas for 27 years
- My parents have lived in the same house since I was 5 years-old. Multiple remodels but still the same house
- I have many, many nicknames. T, Thill, Tenene, Sasa, Pug, Pugsly, Tbomb, TSpoon. Some are obviously more original than others.
- I used to HATE getting pedicures but now they are a little piece of heaven to me
- Clean sheets are my other bit of heaven
- I would love to own my own business
- My first dog was named Tuffy.
- When I was growing up we had a bird named "Bird"
- We also owned two chinchillas..but my dog killed them. Ugh.
- When I was in 7th grade we had a house fire 2 days before Christmas. I am still a freak about fire safety
- If you were to ask me at 8 years-old what I wanted to be when I grew up I would say "Solid Gold Dancer" without skipping a beat.
- I wanted to be a Marine Biologist in high school.
- I work in advertising now. Hmmmm.
- My name is on the wrong year of Senior walk at the UofA. (I wrote my thesis during the summer so my name is in a year after what my diploma says)
- I have been at the same job for 9 years (different positions but same place)
- I married my college sweetheart when I was 23.
- I have a brown thumb. Seriously, I have killed a cactus.
- I am not sure I remember my natural hair color
- I have a terrible addiction to unsweetened tea and celebrity magazines
- I wear my feelings on my shoulder
- I am NOT tech savy but wish I was.
- I have lived through a tornado.
- I have almost drowned twice. Both times I was saved by my brother. Thanks, Shane!
- I have been wearing contacts for 21 years. I have vowed to get Lasik in 2011
- I love the beach but hate sand and salt water. I know, weird.
- I prefer ice cold beer to a glass of wine or a martini any day
- I am a terrible speller
- I remember dates (anniversaries, birthdays, etc) like Rain Man
- I grind my teeth when I sleep
- I am a creature of habit. I could do my morning and evening routines with my eyes closed.
- I travel the same route every time I go to Walmart
- I am terrified of flying. My father has his own plane and I have never been in it. Another goal of 2011
- I feel guilty for most things I do--good or bad.
- I used to think texting was the dumbest thing ever. Now I love it - but not while driving!
- I have a life list that I have never shared. Maybe in 2011.